Providing every youth with the opportunity to reach their full potential!
The power of HIGH FIVE certification can't be understated. We know that a Caring Adult with expertise in working with kids is the most important factor in providing the best possible experience for children. That's why more than half of HIGH FIVE Organizations across the country either require or recommend HIGH FIVE training for employment.
However, many youth under 29 face barriers that keep them from accessing HIGH FIVE training, preventing them from getting a job and reaching their full potential as young leaders. According to recent stats, more than 1 in 10 youth in Canada can't find a job...we think that's 1 too many!
That's where you can help.
HIGH FIVE certified youth walk away with:
- An in-demand credential that makes them more employable
- Enhanced skills and confidence to start their career
- Connections with people in their community for potential employment
- Ability to make a difference in a child’s life in a positive way
Donations are currently being allocated in Ontario.
Are you a youth who wants to apply for funding?
If you're interested in being considered for funding, download the application form below.
Applications will be accepted starting National Youth Week (May 1st, 2017)!
Email donations@HIGHFIVE.org with questions.
- The HIGH FIVE Impact Fund will launch in Ontario as part of Canada’s 150th birthday celebration.
- HIGH FIVE follows the Government of Ontario’s definition of youth as individuals under the age of 29.
- According to Statistics Canada, 59% of jobs in recreation are given to those under the age of 25.
- The HIGH FIVE Impact Fund aligns with the Youth Employment Strategy. The Youth Employment Strategy is the Government of Canada's commitment to help young people, particularly those facing barriers to employment, get the abilities they need to make a successful transition into the labour market. Recreation, sports and arts/culture produce leaders who serve their communities in many ways. (Leisure Information Network)
- The HIGH FIVE Impact Fund is an initiative of PROSeeds Ontario